Sunday, July 03, 2005

Invitation to bright minds and brainiacs

Copy of an email I send to some professors...

Dear all,

Thank you for your presentations and articles. You have given me ideas – and those are included in my latest experiment. I toke part in Wade Roush’s collective writing exercise for MIT Technology review. (It will be published 5th of July, 2005 http://www.continuousblog.net/)

I want to try the method on preparation of a presentation that I am giving at Nordic Serious Games Seminar 3rd of August, 2005. (So I have about one month to make the presentation.)

I am NOT asking you to write the presentation. (I have to do it my self.)

For me this is about the presentation and getting ideas, but I hope that you can see a bigger picture. This is about collective writing and using technology to share ideas. I have set up a blog for sharing http://smartcom.blogspot.com/

I chose a public blog because it’s free and accessible to everyone. (Anyone can use this method and set up their blogs to discuss themes and issues.) In the blog are included some “smart” features, like tags to technorati, RSS feeds and like to Bloglines feed reader. (That is the technology helping us – and it’s accessible to everyone also.)

The theme I want to discuss is “games and mediated communication”. What are the rules and principles in this game of communication? Can we plan a game where we both the “sender” and the “receiver” are winners? And how do you win – when do you feel like a winner?

I hope you can join or at least follow the process. I know that most of you are busy professors. If you don’t have the time, maybe you can ask one of your PhD students to comment?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions, please, contact me or just ask on the blog.

Hannu Leinonen
PhD student, University of Jyväskylä
Mediatalo Info, CEO
TrackBack
trackback:ping="//dvreport.com/tb/112037269639665208"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home