Thursday, July 21, 2005

Blogging vs forum as a tool for dialogue

I have been trying to set up a trackback for Blogger. It is possible, but you need to change the site to your own server. When playing with computers I have learnt not to fix something that is working. (this blog is working.) I have only about two weeks until this blog (“game”) ends – so I will not fix this blog.

BUT I think that Trackback
will give blogging a dialogue flavor. Why use blogging as dialogue, when there are forums and BB that are made for discussion?

My experience is that forums and BB tend to have short comments and readers are oriented towards a very specific theme – like 3D programs and 3D max character animation in Finland… I might be wrong, but I think it is very difficult to get a forum working. I think that it might be possible to start a forum after getting to know some people and to solve a "simple" problem. By simple I mean clear and well defined. (Might be hard to crack, but easy to work with.)

In blogging the most important thing is expressing your own ideas. In future I hope to get comments – like trackbacks from other bloggers who are just expressing their ideas, but want to “ping” me to say that – Hey, this might interest you too.

Check the social machines too.

TrackBack
trackback:ping="//dvreport.com/tb/112193058245694912"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home